Meet Salvatore Fahey, he is the long time husband of Oakland’s first lady, Libby Schaaf. His lovely wife currently serves as the 50th Mayor of the City of Oakland.
Salvatore Fahey’s wife, 51-year-old Libby Schaaf previously served one term as a member of the Oakland City Council. She was named Oakland, California’s 50th mayor on January 5, 2015. She certainly couldn’t have done it all without the support of her husband, Sal Fahey.
Mayor Libby is possibly going through one of the toughest moments of her political career and she will need the support of her loved ones more than ever. The wife and mother of two, was greeted with boos, obscenities and calls for her to resign during a vigil held for fire victims. The outcry came following the deadly warehouse fire –that claimed the lives of at least 36 people.
Fahey’s wife was born Elizabeth Beckman Schaaf on November 12, 1965. Her father was a traveling salesman and her mother, a stewardess-turned homemaker. She has two older siblings.
The Oakland native graduated from Skyline High and went on to attend Loyola Law School for her J.D. She also holds a B.A. in political science from Rollins College. While at Oakland’s largest law firm, she co-founded the non-profit Oakland Cares, which organized and implemented hundreds of volunteer community improvement projects across the city.
She then left her legal career to build and run the first centralized volunteer program for Oakland public schools at the Marcus Foster Institute. The former hief of staff and top mayoral aide to Jerry Brown, went on to become Public Affairs Director for the Port of Oakland.
According o her page, she currently chairs the City Council Finance and Management Committee, and also serves on the Public Safety Committee, Rules Committee, and Community and Economic Development Committee.
Let’s get to know Mr. Fahey in his top facts below.
1. Mr. Fahey who also goes by Sal Fahey, he is originally from Scranton, Pennsylvania.
2. He met Libby Schaaf at a bar in 1998. He was there as part of a group Libby had put together with friends called “The Thursday Night Club.”
3. Salvatore Fahey is a particle physicist.
4. He’s worked for nearly a decade for the electron microscope maker Gatan, Inc.
5. According to his LinkedIn, he obtained a B.S., Physics and also holds a Ph.D., from Michigan State University
6. He previously worked at KLA-Tencor and prior to that he was a research physicist at Stanford Linear Accelerator Center.
7. Salvatore Fahey is the proud father of two children: 11-year-old son Dominic and 9-year-old daughter, Lena.
8. You can find Salvatore Fahey on Twitter here.
She should definitely be punished. Send her and her husband to where all these illegals are from. Definitely treason.