Mary Podesta is the long time wife John Podesta, known for his long-term association with the Clintons. Mary and her husband have been married for 37-years and have raised three children together. Her husband is the former Hillary Clinton campaign Chairman. Keep reading to know more about Mary Podesta.
Mary Podesta’s hubby was born John David Podesta on January 8, 1949. The Chicago, Illinois native was born to parents Mary Kokoris and John David Podesta. He has a brother named, Tony who is also a lawyer.
He graduated from Georgetown University Law center in 1976 before working as a trial attorney for the Department of Justice. He’s been a counselor to President Obama, Chief of Staff to President Clinton, Founder of the Center for American Progress.
According to his LinkedIn, he is also a Visiting Professor at Georgetown University Law Center.
In 2008, he served as co-chair of President Obama’s transition team. He is the former Chair of the Washington, D.C.-based think tank Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund.
Also in 2008, he wrote the book ‘The Power of Progress: How America’s Progressives Can (Once Again) Save Our Economy, Our Climate, and Our Country.’
John Podesta served as Counselor President Barack Obama from January 2014 to February 2015.
Aside from his big white house profile, Mary’s husband is also an avid runner and chef. Now, is the turn to meet his lovely wife. Get to know her better in her top facts below.
1. Mary S. Podesta is a Washington, D.C. attorney
2. She attended Middlesex High School in New Jersey.
3. Mary Podesta went on to graduated Cum Laude with a BA in American studies from Smith College in 1966.
4. She gained her Juris Doctor degree in 1976 from Georgetown University Law Center.
5. Accoridng to her LinkedIn, Mary Podesta is a mutual fund lawyer.
6. She was an Associate Director and Chief Counsel for 13 years at SEC Division of Investment Management.
7. For 18-years she was a senior counsel at Investment Company Institute.
8. She and John Podesta have been married for nearly four decades.
9. She and her husband have raised three children together.
10. Mary Podesta and her husband celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary in 2008.
The long time couple currently reside in Washington.
Join the Conversation