Judith Steinberg is the wife of 35-years of former Vermont governor, Howard Dean.
Judith’s hubby, Howard Brush Dean III, was born November 17, 1948 in East Hampton, NY. Dean was Governor of Vermont from 1991 – 2003 and Chairman of the Democratic National Committee from 2005 – 2009. He founded Democracy for America in 2004.
Dean began his career in public service in 1982 when he transitioned from a full-time practicing physician to an elected representative in Vermont. Dean served as Governor for 12 years.
Before beginning his political career, Dean graduated from Yale University with a B.A. in political science in 1971. He holds his medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Upon completing his residency, he went on to practice internal medicine in Shelburne, Vermont.
Judith’s hubby sparked controversy following a tweet during yesterday’s presidential debate. It seems like Her 67-year-old hubby accused Donald Trump of being a drug user. The onetime Democratic presidential candidate, tweeted ‘Notice Trump sniffing all the time. Coke user?’
The remark quickly gained piles of likes. On the other hand it also sparked a wave of negative criticism directed at Dean. What would his very private wife think of his indiscretion?
Judy Steinberg Dean is the other physician at the home of the Dean’s family. Accoridng to VermontWoman, Howard’s wife is a simple dresser. She is further described as very calm and very low key. Let’s keep learning about her in the facts below.
1. Judith Steinberg Dean was born May 9, 1953; in Roslyn, NY.
2. She served as First Lady of Vermont from 1991 to 2003.
3. Dr. Judith Steinberg Dean received her M.D. at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
4. She met her husband while attending medicine school.
5. The couple wedded in 1981 and have two kids, Anne and Paul.
6. She uses her family name “Dr. Steinberg” to differentiate herself from her husband.
7. She has kept her distance from the political spouse figure.
8. Judith Steinberg Dean kept her medical practice throughout her husband’s political career.
9. She did not campaign with her husband in his quest for the U.S. Democratic presidential nomination in 2004.
10. Judith Steinberg isn’t active on social media.
Join the Conversation