Anne Holton is the lovely political spouse of Virginia Senator, Tim Kaine. Her 58-year-old husband was elected to the Senate in 2012 and together make for one of the most interesting political couples, with Anne Holton being involved in politics as well.
Tim grew up working in his father’s ironworking shop in Kansas City. He was educated at the University of Missouri and Harvard Law School and started his public service career by taking a year off from Harvard to run a technical school founded by Jesuit missionaries in Honduras. After law school, he practiced law in Richmond for 17 years, specializing in the representation of people who had been denied housing due to their race or disability. He also began teaching part-time at the University of Richmond in 1987.
Tim was first elected to office in 1994, serving as a city councilmember and then Mayor of Richmond. He became Lieutenant Governor of Virginia in 2002 and was inaugurated as Virginia’s 70th Governor in 2006.
Anne Holton is not your typical supportive wife, she is a wife, mother and career woman as well. Below read more interesting facts about her.
1. Anne Holton currently serves as Virginia Secretary of Education.
2. She is a former legal aid lawyer and juvenile court judge.
3. She holds a B.A. from Princeton and a Harvard law degree
4. Her father, Abner Linwood Holton Jr. served as the 61st Governor of Virginia.
5. Anne Holton is the recipient of the Annie E. Casey Foundation’s Life Award
6. She is the mother of their three grown children
7. Her children names are: Annella, Nat and Woody Kaine.
8. She and her husband reside in Richmond, Virginia.