Alma Powell is the long time wife of former Secretary of State and retired general, Colin Powell.
79-year-old Powell got hacked and has been revealed he called Donald Trump a “national disgrace” in personal email exchanges.
This is not the first time Powell’s emails get leaked. Three-years ago Alma Powell and her husband made headlined for a rather embarrassing incident. In 2013 Colin Powell’s AOL email account was hacked and he had to face questions about a possible affair. Since then, Alma’s husband denied the affair accusations but came forward with the intimate e-mail correspondence with Romanian, Corina Cretu.
Mrs. Powell has stayed by her husband side since the scandal. The couple met on a blind date in November 1961 in Boston, Massachusetts. A short time later, they decided to join their lives forever in 1962, just two weeks after Powell’s proposal. Alma and her husband represented for years one of the strongest political marriages with countless public appearances.
Find out more about Alma Powell in her top facts below:
1. She was born Alma Vivian Johnson on October 27, 1937 in Birmingham, Alabama.
2. Alma Powell is the mother of three: Michael Kevin Powell, Linda Margaret Powell and Annemarie Powell.
3. She is the eldest of two daughters born to Mildred Elisa Bell and Robert Charles Johnson.
4. In 1957, Alma graduated from Fisk University with a B.A. degree.
5. She worked as a radio show host.
6. Her show was called, Lunching with Alma and it featured women’s news and lunchtime listening music.
7. She attended Emerson University to study pathology and audiology.
8. In the late 50’s she worked for the Boston Guild for the Hard of Hearing as an audiologist.
9. The former military wife, is also a children’s books author: America’s Promise and My Little Wagon.
10. She is the recipient of the doctorate of humane letters from Emerson College in 1996.