Meet Mrs. Aldona Wos; wife of the 75th U.S. Postmaster General, Louis DeJoy, who, before taking the role, served as CEO of New Breed Logistics, CEO of XPO Logistics, and CEO postmaster general of LDJ Global Strategies in Greensboro, North Carolina. He also serves on the board of trustees of Elon University.
More recently, Louis DeJoy is in the center of a federal investigation over campaign contributions made by employees of his former business.
“Mr. DeJoy has learned that the Department of Justice is investigating campaign contributions made by employees who worked for him when he was in the private sector,” DeJoy spokesman Mark Corallo said in a statement. “He has always been scrupulous in his adherence to the campaign contribution laws and has never knowingly violated them.”“Mr. DeJoy fully cooperated with and answered the questions posed by Congress regarding these matters. The same is true of the Postal Service Inspector General’s inquiry which after a thorough investigation gave Mr. DeJoy a clean bill of health on his disclosure and divestment issues. He expects nothing less in this latest matter and he intends to work with DOJ toward swiftly resolving it,” he said.
- 66-year-old Aldona Wos was born in Warsaw, Poland, on March 26, 1955; one of the children born to Wanda and Paul Zenon Wos served in the Home Army during World War II; Aldona was 6 her parents moved to Long Island, New York.
- Her father and grandfather were held in Flossenbürg concentration camp and reunited after the Allied Forces liberated them and 59,974 prisoners. Initially, the camp held 89,974 prisoners; 30,000 were killed.
- Mrs. Wos holds a medical degree from Marquette University and the Medical University of Warsaw. She specializes in lung diseases and did her residency in New York, which she also practiced for nearly two decades.
- Served on the board of directors of the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Council from September 2, 2004, to December 17, 2007; North Carolina Secretary of Health and Human Services from January 2013 to August 2015; and Vice-Chair of the President’s Commission on White House Fellowships from May 2017 to January 2021.
- Aldona Wos married Louis DeJoy in mid 90s’. They have twin children Andrew DeJoy and Ania DeJoy (b. November 1, 1995); Andrew and Ania are juniors at Duke, Andrew is a tennis player at Duke University.
photo credit: UNC-Pembroke