Lovely Ann McCrory is the wife of Republican politician Patrick Lloyd McCrory, better know as Pat McCrory, the 74th Governor of North Carolina. That fact alone makes Anne, the first lady of North Carolina. Her husband is currently in the run for re-election.
Pat was born October 17, 1956 in Columbus, Ohio. He has been governor of North Carolina since taking office on January 5, 2013. He previously served as Mayor of Charlotte for over a decade, and has also served in the past as councilman. Pat attended Ragsdale High School in Jamestown, NC and Catawba College in Salisbury, NC; graduating with a degree in education and political science. He serves at Catawba College’s Board of Trustees.
Following his graduation Pat landed a job at Duke Energy where he worked until 2008, at the same time he was councilman and Mayor, at age 39 in 1995, he became the youngest Mayor succeeding Richard Vinroot. After serving his eight term as Mayor in 2008, he announced he was running for governor.
Ann McCrory and her husband have been married for nearly three decades. The couple tied the knot in 1988. Since becoming the First lady of North Carolina, her role is focused on advocating for military families across the estate. Tough Mrs. McCrory has been media shy during her husband’s administration, there sure is plenty of interesting things about her.
Read below the top ten facts about the lovely, Ann McCrory, 59.
1. She was born on the Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, Alabama.
2. Ann grew up as part of a military family, she and her two sisters, are the daughter of an Air Force father.
3. She holds a bachelor’s degree in education and a master’s in counseling from Winthrop University in Rock Hill.
4. She started her career as a human resources executive in Charlotte.
5. Aside advocating for military families, she focuses her efforts on domestic violence and high standards for dog breeding
6. She serves as Vice President of Human Resources at YMCA
7. Ann McCrory is also a Regional Human Resources Manager at the CIGNA Corporation
8. Her dog’s name is Elmo Cadbury McCrory, best known as “Moe”
9. She and her husband do not have any children
10. Ann and her husband are the 29th gubernatorial family to live in the Executive Mansion.