Meet Karen Waldbillig Kasich
Karen Waldbillig Kasich is the wife of of John Kasich, current Governor of Ohio and candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 election.
Karen Waldbillig Kasich ‘s husband was born May 13, 1952 in Pennsylvania. He is a 1974 graduate of The Ohio State University.
John R. Kasich was sworn in as Ohio’s 69th governor on January 10, 2011. He served as a member of Congress from central Ohio for 18 years and, as the chairman of the House Budget Committee, he led the effort to balance the federal budget for the first time since 1969 and helped enact historic welfare reform.
After leaving Congress in 2000 and running for President, Kasich worked as a managing director in the Investment Banking Division of Lehman Brothers. He was also a commentator for FOX News and a Presidential Fellow at his alma mater, The Ohio State University.
Kasich is the author of three New York Times best-sellers: Courage is Contagious; Stand for Something: The Battle for America’s Soul; and Every Other Monday.
As for the Ohio First lady, Karen Waldbillig –a former business executive –was born December 26, 1963. She is actually the second wife of John Kasich, who was previously married to Mary Lee Griffith from. His first marriage lasted only five years after they divorced in 1980, the couple had no children.
Karen Waldbillig became the new Mrs. Kasich in 1997. She is the mother of the couple’s twin daughters, Emma and Reese. Read below, more interesting facts about lovely Karen Waldbillig Kasich:
2. She holds a bachelor’s degree in communications from Ohio State University.
3. She was the VP at GSW Worldwide –a health care advertising agency.
4. She became a full time mom when her daughters were 2-years-old.
5. She enjoys swimming and running, and has completed multiple marathons
6. Karen Waldbillig Kasich along with her daughters, have campaigned with John Kasich
7. She lost hеr mother tо congestive heart failure
8. She has been involved in multiple statewide efforts tо increase awareness surrounding women’s heart health
9. She iѕ аn Ohio Department оf Transportation’s Safe Routes tо School ambassador
10. Kasich iѕ сurrеntlу a member оf bоth Thе Partnership аnd thе Ohio Valley’s Gо Rеd
You can fid the Ohio First Lady on Twitter here.